Many people report high levels of success with the HCG Diet, but it
is important to take the right steps in order to see real weight loss
results. Because there is also so little research out there on the HCG
Diet, it is also important that you take some cautionary measures to
ensure you are staying healthy. Fortunately, following the HCG Diet the
right way is actually pretty straightforward.
Here’s what you should do (and what you shouldn’t) while following the HCG Diet.
Do This While On The HCG Diet
1. Take multi-vitamin. Because you will be following a strict, low-calorie diet, it is imperative that you make sure you are getting proper nutrition. The vitamins you take should not be fat soluble (this includes a lot of oil-based supplements), and you should also make sure that you are getting regular potassium.
2. Follow a consistent schedule for HCG doses. It may be a good idea to consult with a medical professional here, but you should make sure that you are taking HCG fairly regularly, albeit not too close together or too far apart.
3. Maintain a food journal. This is a good idea for any diet, and here it is especially important to make sure you are not only getting proper nutrition in consistent quantities.
4. Weight yourself regularly. You should weigh yourself at the same time every week to make sure that you are on track.
5. Follow a healthy lifestyle. Yes, this is a diet, but it is vital that you follow a healthy lifestyle and good habits that will last after your HCG diet is over. Long-term weight loss can only be achieved when healthy living is followed long after the diet ends.
Don’t Do This While On The HCG Diet
1. Don’t give yourself “cheat days”. This is not your average diet where cheat days may be okay. The HCG diet regimen must be strictly followed, especially when it comes to the timing and amount of HCG dosages.
2. Don’t expect immediate results. As with all good things, weight loss takes time. Relax and be patient. If you are still not seeing results after a significant period of time (say, a month or longer), consult with your physician.
3. Don’t attempt to speed up your weight loss. It can be tempting to try to up your dosage suddenly to speed up your results, but this can have dangerous consequences. Again, patience is key here.
4. Don’t guess on your dosages. If you are purchasing HCG products from a health food store or homeopathic market, always make sure that the product is clearluy labeled and from a reputable manufacturer. You should always know exactly how much HCG you are taking in.
5. Don’t forget to take your HCG! If you continuously neglect to take HCG when you should, you actually risk You starving yourself and becoming energy deprived from the lack of fats being released into your bloodstream.